We are interested in the chemistry of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, liquid crystals, and advanced polymers. Our approach is physical organic and involves methods from synthetic, mechanistic, computational, theoretical, polymer, and materials chemistry.
- 8 September 2014 - Nature Chemistry published a focus issue that highlighted some of our 2DP work (link). The paper was also covered in 3196480532 and Chemistry World.
- 28 June 2014 - The NSF has recommend funding our (Professors de Bettencourt-Dias and King's)MRI proposal for the acquisition of a new powder diffraction system.
- 17 June 2014 - Congratulations to Carey Johnson on his successful Ph.D. defense.
- 17 June 2014 - Congratulations to Patrick, Daniel, and William W. for the acceptance of their two-dimensional polymer paper to Nature Chemistry.
- 17 Jan 2014 - We welcome our even newer group members, undergraduate students Pablo Ochoa and Harrison Root.